Responsible for registration of patients, including patient interviews, insurance verification, explanation of hospital policies regarding visitation, payment for charges, and services available. Responsible for handling customer complaints, communication, service problems, and communicates company/organizational policies clearly and efficiently. Remains within all rules and regulations established by HIPPA requirements; ultimately ensuring patient confidentiality. Prepares pre-admission forms and charts, assisting in registration processes, ensuring timely notification of third party payers. Reviews financial data and verifies all insurance benefits assigned to the hospital to determine if the insurance coverage meets the standards of admission as stated within hospital policy.
- Submitted ideas and recommendations for process improvements, leading to four fundamental changes.
- Cultivated working relationships with various departments to improve overall organization efficiency.
- Completed admissions paperwork for over 10,000 patients with an error rate of less than 2%.
- Conducted insurance verifications for over 7,000 customers, prior to receipt of service.
- Ensured compliance with all rules/regulations as governed by HIPPA laws.
- Consistently maintained a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Selected to participate in selection process for potential new hires.
- Assisted in new hire training evolutions for over 30 employees.
- Aided in the flawless transition to electronic medical records.