Set up, operated and tended machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend and straighten metal and plastic material.
- Started machines, monitored their operations and recorded operational data.
- Tested and adjusted machine speeds and actions, according to product specifications and using gauges and hand tools.
- Turned controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates and table angles for specified operations.
- Cleaned and lubricated machines.
- Ground out burrs and sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes and polishing jacks.
- Replaced defective blades and wheels, using hand tools.
- Placed workpieces on cutting tables, manually and using hoists, cranes and sledges.
- Installed, aligned and locked specified punches, dies, cutting blades and other fixtures in rams and beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims and hand tools.
- Examined completed workpieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces and sorted defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Read work orders and production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines and dimensions and tolerances.