Create a Cover Letter in 3 Simple Steps
Choose an eye-catching template to personalize.
Recruiter-friendly cover letter template created by designers, engineers and HR professionals who know what employers want to see.
Fill out a few questions and let our cover letter generator do the rest.
Pick and choose from industry-specific, pre-written phrases and content suggestions to help you impress a future employer.
Add finishing touches and save.
See the first draft of your cover letter, test different template designs and color combinations, and re-edit it to make it perfect!
Download your first free text file or sign up to download a professionally designed, application-ready cover letter.
Our intuitive Cover Letter Generator helps you build your application materials quickly.
Browse Our Cover Letter Templates
Choose one of 16 professionally designed cover letter templates.
You can always switch up the design before you download.
Toggle between multiple color schemes to show off your personality.
6 Benefits of Using Our Cover Letter Generator
A dozen templates reflect your style and accomplishments
Customizable content based on hiring trends
Tips based on your experience and training
Templates designed for people and ATS
Uses the best letter writing practices for hiring managers
Features matching resume templates and services
What Our Customers Think!
Cover Letter Creator FAQ
Can a cover letter generator help with resumes, too?
- Choose sleek, professionally designed cover letter templates
- Create resumes and cover letters quickly by answering a few questions.
- Get step-by-step writing advice for each section.
- Unlock research- and pre-written content suggestions based on your career goals.
- Easily customize each document within our builder.
- Get a 14-day trial without feature restrictions.
Who is our cover letter maker for?
- Hesitant about their writing skills: Builders suggest text based on your previous experience, taking a massive weight off if you fear the blank page.
- Applying for multiple jobs: With a builder, you can adapt your cover letter to each position you are applying for in a matter of minutes, so you won’t miss out on applying for that dream job.
- Trying to target specific roles: A builder will help you come up with the correct language to target any position, offering up specific language for each version of your cover letter.
- Changing careers: If you find yourself switching career paths, you may not know exactly what to say to pitch yourself. A cover letter builder can help.
What features does your builder include?
- Suggested text based on job title.
- Auto-generated key phrases that you can customize.
- A skills database to choose your skills from.
- Employer-approved work history descriptions.
- Spell check and autocorrects for your document.
- Ability to save your document in a variety of file formats.
Is the JobHero Cover Letter Builder free?
Is it OK to use a cover letter builder?
Is there a completely free cover letter builder?
Should I use a cover letter builder?
- You have no time! Our builder works fast. Once you have the hang of our online tool, you can generate a cover letter in minutes.
- You’re applying for several jobs! Writing a new cover letter for every job is time-consuming and tedious. Our cover letter maker does the bulk of the writing for you, with pre-written content suggestions based on the open job and the company you’re interested in.
- You’re changing careers! Some hiring managers might hesitate to hire someone without exact experience in a specific field. Our builder suggests templates to explain why you’re leaving a career tract, which transferable skills you possess, and what unique insights you can bring to the role.