Food Production Worker
Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Clean and sterilize vats and factory processing areas.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Press switches and turn knobs to start, adjust, and regulate equipment such as beaters, extruders, discharge pipes, and salt pumps.
- Inspect vats after cleaning to ensure that fermentable residue has been removed.
- Inspect and pack the final product.
- Manipulate products, by hand or using machines, to separate, spread, knead, spin, cast, cut, pull, or roll products.
- Give directions to other workers who are assisting in the batchmaking process.
- Place products on carts or conveyors to transfer them to the next stage of processing.