Maintenance Mechanic and Forklift Operator
Performs all preventive maintenance and repair of warehouse conveyor systems to include replacing motors, gear boxes, belts, proximity switches, electronic and mechanical conveyor parts. Work is performed with the operation of scissor lifts, and frequently in cat walks, ladders at elevations in excess of 40 ft.
- Perform operation of conveyor reject lane to ensure accurate and timely processing of computer transactions for the receipt, inspection, storage, issue, and disposal of material
- Provides customer service at all levels keeping abreast of new policies, procedures, regulations, directives, etc
- Team member of Safety Committee, working with mid-level and senior management to assist in resolving complex and highly visible problems requiring seasoned technical judgment, Responsible for maintaining accountability of hazardous material
- Forklift operator, involved in loading, unloading, and stowage of palletized merchandise, preventive maintenance and operation of 56 electric and propane forklifts, reach trucks, order pickers, and riding pallet jacks
- Painting and sealing of supply floor storage areas