- Featured in:
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Handpicked by resume experts based on rigorous standards
Tailored for various backgrounds and experience levels
Edit This Resume
Storekeeper Resume Success Stories
Storekeeper Resume FAQ
How do you put storekeeper experience on a resume?
Your resume's work history section helps you put your storekeeper experience at the forefront of your application. Focus on the technical skills you developed while managing a shop, like this sample job seeker:
Storekeeper Resume Work Experience Sample
Senior Shopkeeper, Nordstrom
April 2021 - current, Arcadia, CA
- Oversaw and staffed the ready-to-wear women’s department of a major, five-level department store.
- Trained staff of five cashiers, two greeters, 12 floor associates and two tailors to keep the department well-staffed, stocked and organized.
- Organized the ordering and inventory of 42 designers on a 6-week seasonal schedule.
What are the skills of a storekeeper?
Valuable skills for a storekeeper include interpersonal skills such as communication and customer service and technical skills such as product knowledge, cash register operation and stock management. Additional skills could consist of:
- Warm greeting style
- Strong customer service skills
- Rapid arithmetic skills
- Store-layout knowledge
- Basic budgeting skills
- Staff scheduling skills
- Onboarding new staff
- Stock and inventory management
- Timely ordering of new stock
- Knowledge of point-of-sale (POS) systems
- Familiar with mobile ordering