Desktop Support Specialist
Built, maintained, and repaired computer systems to improve speed, reliability, and efficiency of operation. Assists staff with installations, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, and peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Self-motivated, capable of handling various issues independently.
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain desktop applications in a Windows 98/XP/Vista/7 environment.
- Documented, reviewed, and updated problem resolution scenarios on share point portal reducing time spent on resolving same or similar issues quicker and more efficiently.
- Responsible for imaging desktops and laptops and day to day support
- Day to day support of users consisted of 75% desktop support and 25% server support.
- Backup and restoration of data from servers and desktops.
- Scheduled customers for upgrades of software and hardware.