Community Services Department - Recreation Coordinator
Provide oversight of program operations including staff, project, and contract management (Youth, Teen, Aquatics, Preschool, and Adult Sports/Fitness programs).
- Budget development and management; revenue accountability.
- Staff recruitment, training, supervision, and mentoring (team of 80+).
- Collaborate with internal and external agencies to build successful relationships and positive outcomes.
- Policy development and implementation at both the Department and Citywide level.
- Organization, planning and implementation of classes, programs, special events, activities for a diverse population.
- Management of Department facilities, including 7 Before/After School Centers, 2 Teen Centers, and a large Aquatics complex.
- Provide leadership, including during organizational change, program transitions, supporting staff at all levels.
- Research trends, demographics, and community needs to evaluate current programs and plan strategically for the future.
- Prepare reports & maintain records in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Liaison to various non-profit agencies, boards and public commissions.