Ambulatory Clerical Assistant
Handle multifaceted clerical tasks (e.g., data entry, filing and records management) as the assistant to the Maternal Infant Health Program and Healthy Start offices. Coordinate travel arrangements, maintain database and provide financial spreadsheet for mileage reimbursement. Ensure the delivery of premium service to patients and staff. Scheduled patient appointments, maintain month end financials for department, manage and maintain patient charts.
- Communicate effectively with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare data for staff meetings. Established strong relationships to gain support and effectively achieve results.
- Help coordinate meetings and daily schedules for medical staff (24 meetings per year) that contributed to consistently high enrollment levels for patients in the program.
- Provide timely, courteous and knowledgeable response to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared office correspondence.
- Develop innovative spreadsheets to monitor the status of patient visits and admissions to the program.
- Handle monthly mileage reimbursement for out-patient staff consisting of eight employees. Maintain spreadsheets for statistical reports regarding transportation assistance and other incentives given by the programs.