- Featured in:
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Handpicked by resume experts based on rigorous standards
Tailored for various backgrounds and experience levels
Edit This Resume
Supervisor Resume Success Stories
Supervisor Resume FAQ
What is a good objective for a supervisor's resume?
A resume objective or a summary statement aims to snag a hiring manager’s attention and interest within the first seven seconds of reviewing your resume. If you can capture that attention, a hiring manager is more likely to carefully review your resume and consider your application over other job seekers. A good resume summary includes the following information, as seen in the administrative supervisor examples below:
- Showcase top achievements or accomplishments.
- Specify how many years of experience you have in the industry.
- Share two or three job-related skills.
- Back it up with quantifiable numbers such as the number of staff managed, average tasks completed or specialized projects.
Good resume objective for a supervisor:
Experienced administrative supervisor with over seven years experience in a professional office setting. Led teams as small as three and as large as 25 administrative assistants and facility managers. Comfortable with advanced organizational, technical and operational business needs.
Poor administration supervisor objective:
Experienced administration professional looking for an opportunity to demonstrate substantial filing and organizational knowledge in a work environment.
How do you write a resume for a supervisor position?
Follow these simple guidelines on how to write supervisor experience on a resume to impress your next boss:
- Kick off your resume with your professional name and contact information.
- Try to capture a hiring manager’s interest within seven seconds with a resume objective or summary statement.
- Use your work history to build on the skills and accomplishments listed in your resume objective.
- List your remaining administrative, management and social skills under a skills section.
- Use your final section to list relevant educational degrees, certifications, or licenses for administration or team supervision.
You can use these helpful resume examples to see how your fellow job seekers demonstrate their experience across different career paths. If you’re short on time, create a supervisor resume with our online Resume Builder. Our monthly membership unlocks professional templates, multiple downloadable formats, and free text templates based on your administrative experience and job needs.