Chief Financial Officer and Operations Executive
A $125 million 800 employee closely held family enterprise focused on the design, testing and manufacturing of heavy vehicle transportation safety systems. Position is responsible for finance, human resources, administration, purchasing and manufacturing operations.
- Improved labor effectiveness by 25% through Lean Manufacturing; $5.5m annual profit impact.
- Enhanced internal controls; reduced closing cycle by two days; no audit adjustments for two years.
- Organized business reporting into Market Segments and identified leading indicators to measure underlying business trends. Mapped products across market segments.
- Extended Oracle EBS by integrating sales demand planning into ERP. Initiated a comprehensive inventory analysis; improved turns 1.5x, generated $4.0M cash.
- Negotiated new credit facility to support strategic plan