Level I Technical Support / Computer Operations Consultant
Provide LAN and WAN support to the Global Organization including China, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, Asia, and all the Americas including Canada, and the United States.
- Performed AS400 Batch execution, Global System monitoring, backups and IPS (Initial Program Load) using IBM ISeries platform.
- Involved in Windows and Unix Batch execution, application and system monitoring (Automated Scheduling Package).
- Monitored hardware, operating systems, and network connections for failures and outages, escalated as necessary.
- Prepared tapes from nightly backups for transport to off-site storage locations.
- Printed and distributed all output created from production batch schedule.
- Rebooted systems and applications as directed.
- Assessed problem events and provided event correlation documentation to support analyst.
- Used Remedy ticketing to create and update incidents.