PROGRAM EVALUATOR 2
Ensure that Childcare programs adhere to the guidelines of the [company name]. Trained in assessing child care programs using the Environment Rating Scales through The University of Tennessee College of Social Work to measure the quality of child care programs. To ensure that the basic needs of children are met; protection of health and safety, building relationships with children, parents, extended family, and community, and opportunities for stimulation and learning from experience.
- Observe early childhood and school age programs for adherence to state licensure and certification regulations and make recommendations for issuance, denial, or approval of licensure or certification
- Assess at least 9 early childhood and school age programs monthly using the Early Learning Developmental Standards and Environment Rating Scales according to type of program: (Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale), SACERS (School Age Environment Rating Scales) and FCCERS (Family Child Care Environment Rating Scales)
- Determine potential barriers to licensure compliance and unique needs of individual program including facility expansion, playground renovation, age-appropriate curriculum, accessibility and modifications for special needs; present potential solutions to the agency
- Document early childhood classroom materials; health/safety; on-going daily activities; interactions between children and children and adults to ensure compliance and assess quality
- Coordinate interaction between child/youth care agencies and government officials, not-for-profits, or other groups to address compliance issues, program or participant needs
- Provide counseling to existing or proposed child/youth day care agencies to develop and improve programs and physical facilities; answers questions regarding issues related to licensure or certification and assessment systems
- Provide technical assistance to early child care providers regarding federal and state mandates and State Board of Education policies
- Utilize available training resources to keep current and apply the latest policies, technologies, and procedures to ensure correct application of laws and regulations.