Plant Operations Controller
[company name] was purchased as a Division of Associated British Foods, North Hampton, England in February of 2002. [company name] is a domestic manufacturer of baking mixes, fruit fillings, and cake icings. The business sells to wholesale bakery and food distribution businesses with annual sales of $45 million.
- Developed tools and processes to drive Sales and Marketing margin improvements with financial pricing and product profitability analysis.
- Supervised and established internal controls related to Accounts Payable and Account Receivable
- Developed and analyzed statistical and financial information in order to appraise operating results by product and package in terms of profitability, performance against budget / forecast.
- Built an effective and efficient accounting team from start up.
- Developed and analyzed the plant's annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Developed, managed and analyzed monthly performance results, key performance indicators, and operational metrics to ensure alignment with business objectives and initiatives.
- Initiated company's financial controls and reporting responsibilities.
- Interfaced with external and internal auditors.
- Maintained and directed AP, AR, GL, and Inventory accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Analyzed and evaluated ROI for new product investments and related capital budgeting