Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate demographic and financial information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to; patient interviews, physician offices and in-house departments.
- Thorough data entry while documenting any incomplete admissions/registrations in manner prescribed.
- Utilize all technology appropriately and in accordance with HIPAA and EMTALA regulations, compliance and performance standards.
- Notify patients, family members, physicians and/or supervisors of network insurance coverage issues that may result in coverage reduction. Notify patients of co-payments, deductibles or deposits needed and collect patient liability when applicable. Patient payment notation.
- Maintain positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
- Answer telephone calls. Follow pre-established script and provide assistance to callers while maintaining a 5 star rating.
- Monitor daily activity and completion of performance reports as assigned.
- Delegate and oversee assignments to registrars. Assisted in interview with new applicants.
- Trained new hires.