Executive Secretary Cover Letter
Executive Secretaries are administrative assistants who also complete more complex functions such as database management or interacting with stakeholders. Essential duties of an Executive Secretary include: providing secretarial support to executives, creating presentations, writing reports, handling confidential documents, assisting to meetings, managing correspondence, making travel arrangements, ordering office supplies, negotiating terms with vendors, and performing research.
A cover letter example for Executive Secretary should highlight the following skills:
- Administrative experience
- Computer proficiency
- Accounting procedures knowledge
- Office management expertise
- Research and reporting skills
- Business acumen
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
Those interested in an Executive Secretary career can observe relevant qualifications in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Executive Secretary Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Fry:
Upon learning of your need for a detail-oriented and self-motivated Executive Secretary, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an organized and dedicated senior-level administrative assistant with comprehensive experience providing expert support to executive-level staff, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
My background consists of more than 11 years of experience in overseeing administrative and operational functions for senior management teams and department directors. Backed by my superior communication, team collaboration, and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing exceptional organizational and time-management skills and driving optimal office efficiency and success.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Overseeing all executive administrative support functions, including scheduling, global travel arrangements, meeting coordination, budget administration, expense reports, filing systems, and special event / project oversight.
- Excelling as the Executive Assistant to the Chairman and CEO of Greenbelt Manufacturing, performing various personal duties including maintaining multiple residences and purchasing personal items.
- Overseeing direct reports—including senior administrative secretaries—while directly reporting to C-level executive staff.
- Interacting with multiple departments to streamline operations and achieve corporate success.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of administrative and operational support, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional secretarial service to your leadership team. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jeanette E. Preston