Director of Facilities
Directed facilities operations for a 255-employee headquarters plus 16 other site locations. Developed standard operating procedures and managed facilities, maintenance, (HVAC, electrical, janitorial, landscape, security systems) and associated contractors, architects, and design professionals. Spearheaded site selection, all special building construction and internal move projects, and ongoing facilities contracts. Liaised with government approval agencies to facilitate processes for entitlements and permits.
- Managed construction project for a new 30K sq. ft. research and testing laboratory from ground up. Project completed in just 8 months.
- Saved $500K in projected costs on 30K sq. ft. testing laboratory in Rancho Cordova.
- Managed renovation of a new 95K sq. ft. Headquarters site. And managed move of 280 personnel and equipment to HQ and Lab without interruption of business.
- Realized $325K of annual savings through energy conservation implementations.
- Succeeded in a major renovation involving 24/7 95K sq. ft headquarters location with 250 staff to be moved. Achieved this without service interruption.
- Spearheaded acquisition and construction development of a new 8K+ sq. ft. location that required careful negotiations with government and contractors to reach goals. Came in on time and $100K under budget.