Responsible for all aspects of operations and management of six-member Law Department, including preparation and administration of annual budgets, litigation management, intellectual property program management, compliance, corporate governance, and global entity management.
- Collaborative partner with all levels of management, including membership on the company's Policy and Operating Committees.
- Participated in planning, negotiation, drafting, and implementation of corporate restructuring and commercial agreement clarification in connection with 2009 GM and Chrysler bankruptcy proceedings and U.S. automotive industry financial crisis, resulting in preservation of over $1 billion in shareholder value; co-recipient of 2009 Richard E. Dauch Chairman's Award, In Recognition of Outstanding Achievement on Behalf of AAM.
- Helped design and implement corporate governance processes to ensure compliance with requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, SEC and NYSE requirements, including drafting of Code of Business Conduct, launch of confidential Business Ethics Line, on-line code of conduct, FCPA, and related training for all salaried associates.
- Responsible for Federal Securities Law Compliance program for corporate affiliates and insiders.
- Successful completion of five follow-on stock offerings.
- Helped design, draft, and implement a stockholder defense strategy that includes a stockholder rights plan (poison pill) and continuity agreements for senior company executives.
- Managed and supervised all company litigation, including trade secret, patent infringement, employment, and commercial matters; no significant adverse verdicts/judgments in the history of the company.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and documenting all company board and board committee meetings and annual meeting of stockholders.
- Helped design, draft, and manage numerous corporate policies and procedures.