Tech Support Assistant
As a self-driven employee at [company name], I have assumed a vast variety of important responsibilities other than the regular maintenance of the computer lab and printers. In particulars, I assisted my supervisor instituted a much more efficient and systematic approach to the imaging process. We adopted the open source computer cloning solution - FOG, the Free OpenSource Ghost. I initiated and maintained FOG imaging cluster servers in Linux systems, thus reducing image distribution process times by 60% as compared to previous method. Furthermore, I also developed Rails web UI application with Bootstrap to facilitate non-Linux users familiarize control image distribution function. Along with using VirtualBox to test configurations, our imaging approach significantly expedite imaging, system reparation and new equipment installations.
- Set up and maintained FOG imaging servers in Linux systems, reducing image distribution process times by 60%.
- Developed Rails web UI application with Bootstrap to facilitate non-Linux users familiarize control image distribution function.
- Simulated system configuration by using VirtualBox to test development and production environments.
- Established imaging systems for desktop and laptop to improve system repairs and new equipment distributions.
- Troubleshooted connection issues between network printers and Pharos print management system.
- Daily maintenance of desktop systems and enhancing, especially in desktop and laptop hardware.