Database Administrator, Software Engineer & Team Lead (it Architect)
Led a team which developed and maintained a web-based solution, using DB2 UDB, WebSphere (WAS & WSAD), Tomcat, Apache, Perl, MySQL, C, C++, SQL, AIX, Linux (and many other technologies), which provided a request mechanism for end-users to manage their network, voice and facilities moves, adds and changes.
- Performed extraction, translation & loading (ETL) of data from various network devices (Cisco ethernet routers & switches, DNS servers, etc) and telecom (Siemens) devices.
- Wrote and maintained over 120ksloc of C and Perl code.
- Managed requirements, schedule, problem resolution, and controlled quality on 42 projects.
- Performed administration on 20 AIX, Linux and Windows system including complete builds, configuration, resource (storage) allocation & sharing (HACMP), Disaster Recovery, and system security (hardening).
- Utilized Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and other tools for backup and recovery.
- Personally responsible for maintaining the underlying environment (AIX & Linux), and ensuring the Domino installation was kept up to date with patches as well as informing management of potential security issues.
- Designed and maintained Notes databases/applications (Java & NotesScript) & integrated with legacy systems.
- Project manager for numerous sub-projects and supervisor (mentor) of a small team.