IT Support Engineer Cover Letter
IT Support Engineers are the experts who provide on-site and remote support for software products. They answer incoming phone calls and e-mails from customers or employees and address their questions and concerns regarding the company’s products, or troubleshoot any technical problems.
An impressive IT Support Engineer cover letter should highlight at least some of the following skills and qualifications:
- Patience and Customer Support
- Problem solving and creativity
- Technical skills, including a language such as UNIX
- Experience working with various software, hardware and applications.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technology field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant IT experience
Resumes for this position highlight such responsibilities as developing a complete network in the client/server environment from scratch, configuring and maintaining wireless routers, and scheduling and restoring weekly and monthly backups related to all servers and drives through semantic execution apps
The cover letter below is a good example of how an aspiring IT Support Engineer can demonstrate these skills and traits in an application.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Support Engineer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Lee:
I am submitting my resume to be considered for the advertised position of IT Support Engineer at Mazoo. I have a solid background in IT Support from past work experience and an education that will allow me to greatly contribute to the company in this role.
My degree in information technology provided me with the strong foundation to pursue work in IT Support. I served as an IT Support Engineer at LMT Technologies, where I provided desktop software and hardware support to a wide range of clients and products, including support for Windows 2003/2008 Server and Active Directory, Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite and MFD’s.
The following are some additional highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Provided support for phone and email requests in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintained detailed records of support provided in an incident management system
- Installed and Configured mail clients on mobile devices
- Resolved faults as soon as they occurred and escalated critical problems to the necessary authority to be resolved immediately.
My years of experience in IT support have prepared me well to exceed in the position of IT Support Engineer and bring great value to Mazoo. I am inspired by the work being done by your company and am excited by the opportunity to join the team. Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.