IT Administrator Cover Letter
IT Administrators use technical and analytical skills to monitor, improve and maintain an organization’s IT systems. Key duties of an IT administrator include collecting IT usage statistics, investigating and identifying problems within the system, analyzing data, making suggestions for improvement and documenting any changes made to the system.
Our library of cover letters for IT Administrators generally include the following skills and qualifications.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or a related field
- Voluntary certification in relevant areas
- Extensive and up to date IT network knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft, Cisco and Oracle systems and platforms
- 2-5 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
The cover letter below showcases similar skills and qualifications:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Administrator Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Johnson,
I am submitting my enclosed resume for the position of IT Administrator. With a bachelor’s degree in information technology, several voluntary certifications and 2 years of experience maintaining and improving IT systems, I am confident that I would be a strong asset to the Gemini Labs team.
My professional experience includes closely monitoring IT network activity, installing and fixing both software and hardware, performing extensive system updates and accurately diagnosing a variety of previously undetected problems. Over the course of my career thus far, I have learned the open channels of communication and stellar teamwork are just as important to the success of a company’s IT network as in-depth technical knowledge.
The following points are some highlights of my experience and qualifications:
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in information technology from Arizona State University
- Received Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), CompTIA Server+ and Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) certification
- Progressed through consecutive positions as an intern, Junior IT Analyst and Junior IT Administrator
- Maintained, fixed and improved the IT networks of two separate organizations
- Implemented various cutting-edge practices and tools to maximize IT system performance
I hope to have the opportunity to bring my excellent communication skills, strong team spirit and comprehensive technical knowledge to Gemini Labs.
I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.