IT Executive Director, National Revenue Cycle Technologies
IT Executive Director responsible for Kaiser-Permanente's (KP) provider/hospital/payer applications systems development and staffs for strategic planning, conceptual definition, development and deployment of advanced IT solutions with a focus on Revenue Cycle Technologies, infrastructure, and operational readiness to meet defined business requirements. Responsible for complete project resourcing: budgets, vendor support, schedules, and building 4 teams from the ground up. All strategic initiatives were for corporate-wide implementation for all eight (8) regions and 35 hospitals (all over 350+ beds) for the EPIC Hospital Information System. Responsibilities focused on new healthcare delivery models across the Revenue Cycle to meet new healthcare products objectives. A major contributor to KP's strategic IT innovations with core and matrixed IT staffs influencing $6-Million in new systems and technologies.
- Developed the complex Online Billing Presentment & Payment System for the 8+ million KP patients, interfacing to the EPIC system. Established the alignment of IT and the business requirements across the entire eight (8) regions to achieve self-service capabilities for patient access to their hospital and professional services bills and pay online via credit cards. Developed the teams for the very complex Solutions Alternatives Analyses, User Functional Requirements, and Design Framework for the Web-based bill presentment, processing, account management, and Electronic Payment Switch.
- A key member of the 5010/ICD-10 remediation teams representing the IT side of revenue cycle technologies affected by the ICD-10 requirements.
- Serve as a key member of the KP-wide Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Advisory Board setting policies and defining methodologies. Representative for the Revenue Cycle IT/ Business Infrastructure Office and the 800 IT professionals assigned.
- Developed the EPIC enhancements that provided the new CDM, capital planning, clinical pricing and inventory, and financial analytics with broader implementation of ANSI X12 (EDI) transactions protocols with new routing architecture to financials back-end for claims and payments documents.
- Led the teams that provided Re-engineered the KP Comprehensive Delivery Process with Agile development processes adding the Design Framework Methodology for rapid software development.
- Developed all the infrastructure requirements for new Revenue Cycle initiatives in the eServices space with highly-scalable data centers including virtualization, workload analysis, capacity planning, and SAN deployments.
- Other eServices systems activities were Pre-Service analysis, pricing transparency planning, and patient out-of-pocket-costs system architecture. All solutions provide data protection in complete compliance with TJC/JCAHO, SOX, PCI, and HIPAA requirements.