Built Windows Server 2003 and 2008 VMs and physical servers via HP iLO virtual media and deploying virtual machines from templates.
- Installed several hotfixes and patches on windows servers to eliminate vulnerabilities.
- Failed over Windows cluster resources from Active to Passive nodes in a cluster environment for scheduled maintenance and emergency changes.
- Updated drivers and firmware on HP branded Emulex FCA using OneCommand
- Managed user accounts using Active Directory 2003/2008 to create new domain accounts, provide controlled access to existing network shares as well as creating new ones using Hyena.
- Troubleshooting user account lockouts using AD Lockout tool and Microsoft Operations Manager.
- Identified highest space using folder on various NAS servers to free up disk usage using TreeSize Professional.
- Worked as a primary/dedicated Windows resource in a company-wide Managed Print Services (MPS) project involving building print servers, hundreds of windows print queues, installation of print drivers, printer network sharing, and troubleshooting connectivity issues, configuring job storage/PIN printing.
- Migrated VMs across hosts within a HA cluster to perform maintenance tasks on ESXi hosts.
- Used VMware vMotion to eliminate application downtime from planned server maintenance by migrating running virtual machines between hosts.
- Worked on the installation of NMI drivers on HP blade ESXi servers to eliminate PSoD.
- Created clones from existing VMs (both live and powered-off)
- Deployed several VMs from Templates and customized their configurations as-needed.
- Responded to server down alerts in a timely manner and brought them up via HP iLO/ Dell DRAC.
- Created Audit reports for E&Y external audit requests.
- Worked as a member of both the projects as well as the steady state operations teams.
- Participated in regular 24x7 on-call rotations and coordinated with the offshore team for night-time scheduled activities.