Employee - Network Engineer / Vmware Administrator
Managed over 330 Microsoft and Linux Virtual Machines in a development and pre-production environment.
- Worked with the customer to create standardized work instructions.
- Helped develop Active Directory and SharePoint ticketing solutions for the OnStar lab.
- Mentored and trained interns and team members in VMware and Windows Server administration.
at this job
Built Windows Server 2003 and 2008 VMs and physical servers via HP iLO virtual media and deploying virtual machines from templates.
- Installed several hotfixes and patches on windows servers to eliminate vulnerabilities.
- Failed over Windows cluster resources from Active to Passive nodes in a cluster environment for scheduled maintenance and emergency changes.
- Updated drivers and firmware on HP branded Emulex FCA using OneCommand
- Managed user accounts using Active Directory 2003/2008 to create new domain accounts, provide controlled access to existing network shares as well as creating new ones using Hyena.
- Troubleshooting user account lockouts using AD Lockout tool and Microsoft Operations Manager.
- Identified highest space using folder on various NAS servers to free up disk usage using TreeSize Professional.
- Worked as a primary/dedicated Windows resource in a company-wide Managed Print Services (MPS) project involving building print servers, hundreds of windows print queues, installation of print drivers, printer network sharing, and troubleshooting connectivity issues, configuring job storage/PIN printing.
- Migrated VMs across hosts within a HA cluster to perform maintenance tasks on ESXi hosts.
- Used VMware vMotion to eliminate application downtime from planned server maintenance by migrating running virtual machines between hosts.
- Worked on the installation of NMI drivers on HP blade ESXi servers to eliminate PSoD.
- Created clones from existing VMs (both live and powered-off)
- Deployed several VMs from Templates and customized their configurations as-needed.
- Responded to server down alerts in a timely manner and brought them up via HP iLO/ Dell DRAC.
- Created Audit reports for E&Y external audit requests.
- Worked as a member of both the projects as well as the steady state operations teams.
- Participated in regular 24x7 on-call rotations and coordinated with the offshore team for night-time scheduled activities.
at this job
Sr. Vmware Administrator
- Design, implement and maintain VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Monitor, troubleshoot and capacity planning of vSphere environment
- Proactively identify and perform hardware and software upgrades
- Evaluate new products and recommends updates and upgrades
- Provide technical guidance to other VMware administrators
at this job
Vmware Administrator\utilities Application Environment Engineer
- Manage and Maintain the physical hardware and virtual environment / infrastructure of the Energy & Utilities group using Virtual Center Server v5.0 with a mixture of ESXi 5 & ESX 3.5 hosts, consisting of seven physical hosts with 150 – 200 virtual machines. Built the v5.0 vCenter Server and moved / migrated hosts over from the previous v3.5 Virtual Center Server, created server type templates for the streamlining of the server deployments with 3rd party and ARM specific software / applications. Manage the host resources \ virtual machine resource allocation (CPU, memory, hard disk, etc) and perform routine maintenance on this environment (schedule downtime for patches, updates & upgrades).
- Work with VMware Infrastructure Client in supporting our Windows 2003 & 2008, Linux Enterprise 5 Server environment.
- Familiar with the upgrade paths for ESX\ESXi Host servers\Virtual Center Server & the setting up of networking on Linux 5 servers.
- Installation and support of the ARM Suite client\application server for the Utilities sector (Asset & Resource Management software solution for the asset, work management, scheduling, optimization, mobile workforce management and to control operation costs).
- Test Analyst and the preparing (installation, setup & configuration) of testing scenario’s to help with customer problem resolution.
- Experience with Installations of Oracle (Admin / Client, tnsnames, ect), TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle Weblogic, IBM MQ.
at this job
Currently managing 3 VMware Datacenters w/ 400+VM's running on 22 ESX hosts.
- Managing about 100TB of data
- HP EVA Storage Arrays
- Compellent SAN Manager
- Performs all Fiber Channel zoning via Brocade FC switches
- Planned and conducted major migration of VM server from Houston to Dallas Colo
- Using Thin Provisioning for all new VM servers
- Supporting 6000+ users from a server/storage prospective
- Senior design architect for all new application, server and storage requirements
- Supporting all AD and DNS designs for company
- Implementing all patch management solutions
at this job