Director of Engineering, Scrum Master, Systems Engineer
Managed five departments & seven contract manufacturers. Interviewed & hired personnel. No personnel turnover.
- Responsible for product delivery management. Renegotiated chip pricing with vendors, reducing bill of materials costs.
- Increased new product development from one to eight. Led repair of four legacy products.
- Scrum Master & Project Manager for 12 products. Met goals for quality, schedule & cost.
- With additional products, annual revenue increased from $15M in 2007 to $26M in 2008. Four of these products won six industry awards.
- Initiated & managed PLM & Scrum enterprise software installations. Participated in ERP software installation.
- Introduced & taught Scrum, functional testing, performance testing, test case management & product backlog management.
at this job
Agile Coach / Scrum Master
Started off as QA Lead then moved to QA lead / SM after getting CSM. Progressed towards full time Scrum Master / Agile Coach.
- Enforced Kanban principles as a scrum master that resulted in reduction of Cycle time by 20% thus increasing team's throughput in less than 8 weeks.
- Enabled improvement in team delivery commitments and capacity planning for sprints by identifying & tracking hidden tasks that increased customer satisfaction.
- Facilitated Agile adoption Retrospective for the organization with the leadership and guided teams with outcome resulting in enhanced performance.
- Removed obstacle for the team by escalating an issue to leadership resulting in early delivery of customer issue solution. Customer provided positive feedback.
- Coached new SM and trained global teams, which resulted in early delivery of project and reduced process waste caused by lack of common understanding.
at this job
Database Analyst / Project Manager (scrum Master)
Served as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a hybrid data product.
- Saved average of $120,000 per account by quickly researching and fixing complex usage-based billing errors post-failure circuit usage.
- Realized increased monthly invoices by synchronizing billing databases within 21 days of disharmony. Technique was first used on large variance accounts and later applied to all unsynchronized accounts.
- Created cost-saving business relationships by being first Secondary Support to partner with Account Managers on large implementations.
- Reduced inbound call resolution times for the tier 2 help desk by creating an easy to use troubleshooting and resolution guide for existing and new products.
- Increased incentives paid to company by acting as primary technical on-call person during go-lives for large corporate accounts.
- Promoted twice in two years: Database Analyst to Business Analyst to Project Manager.
at this job
Lead daily stand-ups and scrum ceremonies for two scrum teams. Work with product owners to groom the backlog and plan sprints. Track, escalate and remove impediments. Report at daily Scrum of Scrum meetings. Track burn down, issues and progress in Version One. Work with component teams to resolve issues.
- Improved team velocity by incorporating capacity planning into sprint planning sessions.
- Implemented Issues Tracking in Version One to effectively track impediments against user stories.
- Quickly became the recognized Version One expert within [company name].
- Resolved a complex infrastructure issue by creating and utilizing a professional network of Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Technical Leads within [company name].
Project Manager/scrum Master
Implemented Agile Scrum Methodology throughout the organization to improve communications between Engineering, Product Management, and Business; to provide more transparency across the 3 departments; and to obtain great business value with short turnarounds.
- Coached/Mentored a cross functional team of 12 resources to deliver quality products which led to over $3.5M in revenue for the year of 2009/2010
- Utilized Agile Scrum practices to help the team increase their velocity by 63% within the first year of Agile adoption
- Facilitated Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and Retrospective meetings
- Removed team impediments on a daily basis to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables.
- Facilitated team and cross-team Retrospectives to build good working relationships among the 7 agile teams across 3 states.
- Collaborated with members of the Product, Business and Engineering Teams to develop and maintain Product Backlogs
at this job
Scrum Master/software Engineer
Documented and tracked requirements, completed use case documentation, documented and tracked risk and reported team work to upper management and customers. Consistently worked to improve the processes and quality of our team's work by: implementing test-driven development, ensuring that software conformed to architectural standards and participating in design and implementation reviews.
- Worked with customers and product manager to prioritize and validate requirements.
- Completed plans for long term goals using Microsoft Project.
- Coordinated the work efforts of 8 person team for various projects. Helped team complete tasks successfully and on-time and resolved obstacles encountered by team members.
- Coordinated and participated in weekly estimation meetings to provide high-level estimates (Story Points) for backlog items.
at this job
Consultant - Project Manager / Scrum Master
Identified product and functional requirements which helped build the product plan and project scope.
- Developed innovative features (node graphs and timelines) based on current and future data elements to allow for a more gamification feel to the application.
- Integrated D3 technology to allow for a more functional and robust dashboard.
- Monitored the development progress throughout each sprint to ensure project was within scope and budget.
- Conducted user interviews to help identify and understand different process for each user while simultaneously identifying their pain points.
- Worked with Art Director to incorporate UX best practices / design to ensure a more comprehensive and innovative approach.
- Identified potential project risks and helped developed a mitigation plan to resolve potential issues.
- Managed the insight and opinions of multiple stakeholders and helped to ensure all stakeholders agreed with the current scope and roadmap of the product.
at this job
Business Analyst / Jr. Scrum Master
Collaborated closely with SMEs to identify and analyze core requirements and key features for call center operations projects. Facilitated user interviews and workshops to gather and analyze user stories.
- Developed crucial functional requirement specifications, creating detailed use cases and process flow diagrams to support functional specifications.
- Conducted meticulous GAP analysis while successfully reengineering key business processes to increase operational efficiency and alignment of business unit objectives
- Facilitated Daily Scrum Meetings and Monthly Reviews meetings. Conducted sprint retrospective and followed up on action items for continuous improvement
- Prepared extensive cost - benefit analysis to support system and process changes
- Meticulously analyzed complex data, staffing plans and variances to recommend solutions to improve revenue per call and customer satisfaction/retention
at this job
- responsible for two Agile Scrum teams and one Kanban team.
- Successfully guided three development teams through transition from waterfall to Agile development.
- Coached team members on Agile processes and facilitated planning meetings and retrospectives. Maintained task board and produced daily burndown charts.
- Removed impediments and protected team members from interruptions and distractions to maximize productivity. Encouraged and implemented process improvements. Created team-building opportunities.
- Worked closely with Product Owners, coordinating product backlog grooming and story estimation.
at this job
Project Manager / Agile Scrum Master
Planned and managed work activities of at least two software development/test teams (Web Portal, Dealer Onboarding) working closely in conjunction with business teams.
- Developed and followed agile project management plan (Agile Ceremonies). Facilitated build requirements log (product backlog) with cost estimates and priority.
- Conducted Scrum Daily standup, Product backlog, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review & Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Determined the team capacity (velocity) from historical data. Created Work Break down structure (user stories) and corresponding activities (tasks).
- Monitored the project progress and radiated the information to stake holders. Identified and mitigated team risks and impediments (Blocking Issues, Critical Defects) on daily basis.
- Worked with Senior Management, Business & Release Management to understand the vision of the product, prioritize and develop software release planning.
- Communicated the progress to senior management thru 'Burndown Charts'. Monitored the Quality thru metrics and mentored team thru the project management processes.
at this job