Systems Consultant & IT Manager
Established information technology "Centers of Excellence" for both workflow management systems and manufacturing intelligence, yielding increased efficiency and greater return on investment.
- Led a global virtual project team in the development of a corporate audit tracking system; resulted in $100K savings and a 99% compliance rate in Safety and Environmental operations.
- Developed a suite of TrackWise Quality Management applications, reducing Atypical and Out of Specification rates by 50% over a 4-year period.
- Designed a global TrackWise system to track quality and release status of externally manufactured products, increasing the number of error free lots by 35%.
- Delivered a web-based Oracle database system that integrated information in the health services and payroll data systems, providing reporting and analysis tools for use in contract negotiations. Resulted in 25% decrease in absenteeism of union employees.
- Mentored a global virtual team and significantly enhanced their development and maintenance capabilities, maximizing software and infrastructure investments.
- Managed a team of six engineers and information technology professionals and five offshore resources.
at this job
Responsible for ongoing development and management of the servers and network, system security, overseeing department budget and planning, and maintaining accurate documentation including resource time tracking and network design documents. Provide daily support of individual computers and employees. Led special projects while ensuring they met strategic business requirements and were completed on time and within budget constraints:
- Facilitated server builds and network configurations, including migration to a virtual environment
- Led a team that developed and programmed a database for appraisal information and market data
- Designed intranet for employees to share and search for information housed in the database, library or archives
- Established asset management practices to track technological assets from purchase to disposal and improved resource optimization by 23%
- Developed and implemented network security policies
at this job
Responsible for entire IT infrastructure of corporate headquarters and 5 remote offices. Provide leadership and direction for 5 administrators at remote locations. Hands-on manager and technical lead for all IT-related projects.
- Led enterprise-wide disaster recovery project and network architecture re-evaluation.
- Designed, configured and installed wireless network at remote offices.
- Defined, documented and published all IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Installed Deltek timecard and Accounting systems
- Administration and support of all infrastructure including Windows NT, Server 2000, Server 2003 file/print servers, Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and 2003, legacy WINS, Active Directory and DNS services, firewalls and Cisco routers.
at this job
Collaborated with business and IT partners to support requirements identification, development, testing, and implementation of projects. Provided direction and leadership for the Quality Assurance team supporting the Delivery System division of the enterprise.
- Focused the Quality Assurance team on understanding the strategy behind the work to ensure excellent quality software testing resulting in system availability above 99.7%.
- Partnered with the release management team to ensure projects were delivered on time to support monthly software releases.
- Ensured all work requested was reviewed, sized, scheduled, tested, and implemented through the appropriate governance oversight process.
- Monitored and tracked resource capacity to support assignment, tracked progress through all testing phases, and completed work within budget.
- Successfully implemented a new system for case management, disease management, and health promotions in support of the care management strategy.
- Consistently worked with the team to identify and implement quality improvements resulting in reduced time to test and higher confidence in results through automation and tools.
- Provided on-going direction, coaching, training and development opportunities to staff members, enabling ability to build new skills and increase engagement.
at this job
Senior IT Manager
Oversaw and coordinated technology direction and strategy, process and quality improvement. Managed IT corporate standards compliance, asset management, project planning and management, budgeting, forecasting, and customer relationship management. Directed IT teams in designing, building, implementing, managing, supporting and enhancing key technologies. Responsibilities included application lifecycle development, data warehousing, business intelligence, customer support, and client relations. Managed team of 30 technical staff and a budget of nearly $12 million.
- Designed and developed fully automated financial system to account for over $7 billion in annual revenue, improving overall financial accountability from $12 million in variances to less than $100. Implementation resulted in approximately 550 hours in labor savings per month.
- Architected new portfolio management system by engaging key business leaders and designing a software application resulting in a 22% decrease in sales IT budget and increased turnaround for sales, finance, marketing and production IT projects.
- Created a remote/mobile reporting system to transmit critical sales data to any remote device within 60 seconds through a secured portal resulting in improving ability of executive management to receive key financial data instantly.
- Led team of business and technical staff through a conversion to Scrum project methodology by defining roles, assigning staff, and developing training programs resulting in a 25% reduction in application lifecycle times and a 35% improvement in customer satisfaction survey scores.
- Streamlined defect management by implementing a Scrumban project methodology resulting in reducing application defects by 45% and defect resolution times by 20%.
- Partnered with IT professionals and business leaders to initiate a mobile sales application contributing to an 18% increase in sales. Implementation resulted in reduction of three technical staff.
at this job
IT Manager/systems Administrator
Installed and implemented Exchange 2010 cluster including migration from Exchange 2007
- Introduced virtualization (XenServer, Hyper V) to the infrastructure including all domain controllers
- Managed project to add automated International Voice Recognition to Avaya Digital Phone System
- Planned and built a fully operational Disaster Recovery Office at an offsite location
- Implemented Express Metrix asset tracking and monitoring for licensing and HIPPA compliance
at this job
Improved sales staff production by 13% and overall company productivity with the configuration, implementation, single handle and management of EdgeWave iPrism web filtering software.
- Lowered incoming email spam by 55% with the implementation of Google Postini filtering with real-time black lists.
- Standardized and improved troubleshooting processes with the creation of detailed server and network configuration documentation.
- Writing and Developing technical procedures, performing basic network and server administration and acting as a technical advisor to lower level technicians.
- Developed workflows and processes for HelpDesk technicians to improve the quality of service to users.
- Installed and provided support for Cisco L2/3 devices, VoIP system, Windows Servers and VMware environments.
at this job
Reporting to the IT Director, manages a team of 7 supporting a 24x7 terminal operation:
- Hands-On managed a 24x7 IT Helpdesk, supporting backend systems (Active Directory based servers, VMware, Cisco) and customer-end devices (PCs, Mobile Devices, Phones, etc.)
- Identified personnel gaps, restructured the IT team, established annual objectives, training plans, motivated the team by defining a growth path for each position, redefined the shift schedule to create forward momentum for project execution
- Managed full documentation of the existing IT systems, performed a root cause analysis of network & system reliability issues
- Defined a 2-year strategic plan to address the system issues, End-Of-Life OS & hardware issues including core LAN upgrade, SAN & server refresh, and a campus-wide Wi-Fi refresh.
- Given the 24x7 nature of the environment, engineered a migration path for the LAN upgrade through setting up a parallel campus-wide LAN, and a gradual migration of key IT services
- Setup a Disaster Recovery data center containing business critical applications in cold-stand-by and hot stand-by modes
at this job
Plan and execute local and global technology infrastructure projects of varying sizes in support of 11 Sites (Data Centers) serving 50,000 end-users.
- Manage technology teams and projects such as datacenter relocations encompassing more than 1600 technology assets and a project team consisting of engineers, business professionals and third party vendors.
- Developed current project management process for the support of call center environments and corresponding data center technologies during planned outages.
- Consistently applied technical experience to projects to attain highest level of detail work from project team members.
- Recognized for establishing and maintaining relationships with key stake holders across a diverse group of technical and non-technical areas (Business partners).
at this job
Interim IT Manager
Service Infrastructure merged with Service Delivery, leaving one IT team.
- Increased direct reports from 6 to 9 people, lowering ticket resolution times by 25% and creating a new support structure for staff needs.
- Act as an escalation point for our members (clients), my team, and my organization, in an effort to get the resources and personnel needed to fix problems or move projects forward.
- Refreshed IT hardware, resulting in savings of $100k/year, increased resources, and increased service reliability.
- Created and managed multiple organization-wide projects focusing on office security, infrastructure cataloging & documentation, and new service offerings.
- Selected to attend Academy Leadership session taught by Merit's CEO.
at this job