IT Intern Cover Letter
IT Interns are full-time or part-time students majoring in an IT-related discipline and gaining hands-on experience in the field. Essential job duties of an IT Intern are providing support to end users, documenting business requirements, testing software, developing documentation, creating test plans, developing various script plans, writing technical specifications, providing support to senior staff, and completing other tasks as assigned by managers.
A typical cover letter sample for IT Intern should highlight the following job assets:
- Having completed two years of college in an area such as information technology or computer science
- Being able to follow verbal and written instructions
- A willingness to learn new things
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Time management
- Deadline orientation
- Initiative and judgment
- Software development skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Work prioritization and multitasking
Below is provided a cover letter example demonstrating similar IT Intern skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Intern Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Fong:
It is with great interest that I submit to you the enclosed resume in the hopes of securing an internship role with your company. As a current IT student at the Pittsburgh Institute of Technology with an increasingly extensive knowledge of diverse IT systems and implementations—complemented by my superior team collaboration and project management abilities—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization as your next IT Intern.
My background has prepared me to excel in an internship capacity, enabling me to amass hands-on practicum and experience in technical system operations and user support. With a solid foundation in a variety of technological systems and platforms, my technical and leadership abilities, coupled with my adaptability and interpersonal skills, position me ready to thrive in this challenging and energizing field. Additionally, my demonstrated talents in project life cycle coordination will allow me to become an immediate asset to your team.
Highlights of my background include:
- Demonstrating a keen aptitude for technology programs and solutions; participating in comprehensive educational program to achieve my Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (expected 6/2018).
- Achieving extensive knowledge in equipment operation, application prototypes, website maintenance, systems support, and logistical oversight to facilitate organizational success.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft, MS Project, and a range of additional programs and tools (please see resume for full list); comfortable on both Mac and PC platforms.
- Utilizing polished organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and team-building talents to propel projects and teams to peak results.
With my academic-based experience in basic IT functionalities, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations in an internship capacity. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Robert G. Agnew