IT Technical Support Cover Letter
IT Technical Support workers oversee the functionality of systems and their corresponding devices and help users navigate both software and hardware. Standard work activities include helping people with various tech related questions, analyzing hardware and software to diagnose basic issues, conversing with users to explain the source of their particular tech problems, installing regular software and security updates and testing software post-update for functionality.
The following is a list of the skills and qualifications employers expect IT Technical Support workers to have.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Basic networking knowledge
- Expertise with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Expertise with common software, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
Below is a sample IT Tech Support Cover Letter that contains some of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Technical Support Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Livingston,
Upon learning of your need for an IT Technical Support worker, I have decided to submit my resume for consideration. As someone with three years of IT Technical Support experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, I believe I have the skills and educational background necessary to succeed in your organization.
My professional experience includes helping end users navigate hardware, software and operating systems, as well as troubleshooting network issues. I think this experience has prepared me well to work with Titanium Technologies.
The following is a list of my most important qualifications and accomplishments.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Florida State University
- Implemented regular security and system updates that kept previous employer virus free during my time of employment
- Worked with other IT Technical Support to quickly remedy user issues
- Used customer service skills to remedy user confusion and keep user frustration at bay
- Helped write and implement IT Technical Support policies and procedures
In addition to these accomplishments, what sets me apart is my love of problem-solving. I get excited, rather than frustrated, by a problem. I love helping people by solving their tech problems. If you would like to learn more about me, then please contact me for an interview at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Jim L. Rodriguez