Computer Lab Technician
The Senior Center was comprised of approximately 10 - 12 computer systems setup on a Peer-to-Peer network to provide users with the ability to connect to the Internet via a high-speed connection. This Peer-to-Peer network environment proved to be an effective solution, as these users needed printing capabilities; however, there was not a real need for file sharing.
- Primary responsibilities included maintaining existing network and ensuring that all computer systems were operational.
- Performed computer maintenance, software upgrades, applied critical security updates and hot fixes to these Windows systems.
- Installed and configured and supported Norton Antivirus.
- Provided computer training to senior users, which included familiarizing them with the overall operation of a computer system, internet browsing and the resources and tools that are available through the web
- Provided training and assistance with word Processing and various other specialty software program instructions.