Senior Technology Executive
Led strategic planning, implementation, and support for GE Energy global Systems Engineering within Smart Grid Transmission & Distribution, Power Generation, and Industrial industries. Directed and launched initiatives know as Smart Grid, Smart Power Plant, and Controls Simplification. Championed turnaround of performance, products, and services by transforming software engineering departments and processes from silos to partnerships enabling growth and scale. Implemented "systems thinking bridges" across multiple engineering disciplines in electrical, mechanical and software engineering. Managed 50 large-scale Smart Grid projects within time and budget constraints. Reported to EVP of GE Energy.
- Built new "Intelligent" Systems engineering department capable of delivering interoperable energy systems with enterprise software as the central nervous system
- Built new Software Engineering department enabling higher quality, reuse, less rework, and systems level collaboration across GE business units creating new software engineering business models.
- Delivered applications & systems on-time, within budget, and highest quality driving incremental revenue
- Championed new concept promising bigger "system of systems" level business models and solutions by enabling integration across all energy industries.
- Presented white paper and findings to IEEE SoS (Systems of Systems) Conference in New Mexico in June 2011.
- Awarded the Edison award from Jeff Immelt, CEO GE, in May 2011. This award recognizes innovation, courage, execution, customer value, and growth to GE and the industry over many years.
- Awarded the GE Energy Leadership Award in January 2011. This award was granted for creating new business models and solutions across multiple engineering disciplines - electrical and software engineering
- Pioneered and Chairman of Smart Energy Society of Technology Association of Georgia