IT Project Manager/it Support Specialist
Led large-scale IT projects for a local client base of over 750 military and civilian personnel. Oversaw application upgrades, OS/hardware upgrades, patch management, and audit lockdowns. Served as the IT project manager for multiple software deployments throughout New Mexico, Texas, and internationally; managed requirements gathering, rollout, training, and operational activities. Managed multiple projects through organizational requests from initiation to closing phases. Trained and coached new team members to facilitate continuous process improvement of project team performance. Managed 10 to 15 team members and control budgets up to $950,000 dollars.
- Monitored and presented project risks to senior management through on-going processes of identifying, assessing, tracking, developing and executing risk mitigation strategies throughout project development.
- Inherited a bad network access project which was causing multiple non-compliance incidents. Through a series of actions, team subsequently delivered a successful project resulting in zero non-compliance incidents.
- Analyzed database management solutions to introduce ideas to increase repository storage needs by 50%.
- Instrumental in the development of ISO 27001 procedures for the newly merged departments. Participated in the ISO 27001 audits and inspections. New departments completed 2 audits with zero non-compliance incident.
- Directed the completion of a data migration project which included Microsoft SharePoint, a 3 terabyte Share Drive repository, and 2,000 pieces of IT office equipment with an IT budget of $250,000.
- Oversaw a six month, multi-phased project worth $1.5M dollars. Successfully acquired critical IT and satellite communications assets from regional office to support command and control operations.
- Saved over $150,000 in design costs for a particular project by efficiently using in-house personnel.