Technical Support Specialist Cover Letter
Technical Support Specialists use their expertise to provide organization and individual customers with technical support, advice, troubleshooting, and solutions. They can help with hardware, software and system issues alike. Key functions of Technical Support Specialists include assisting clients over the phone, instant messaging, work orders or in person, installing and configuring various types of computer systems, conducting safety tests, performing regularly scheduled system updates, applying diagnostic tools, testing solutions to ensure their efficacy and maintaining records of each case.
Our library of sample cover letters for Technical Support Specialists usually include the following skills and qualifications:
- Comprehensive technical knowledge
- Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of diagnostic tools
- Familiarity with all major desktop operating systems such as Windows, iOS, and Linux
- Strong documentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to create thorough and accurate documentation
The cover letter below showcases comparable skills and qualifications:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Technical Support Specialist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Grace,
I am submitting my resume for the open position of Technical Support Specialist. With more than five years of experience in technical support as well as an additional two years of experience in customer service, I am confident that I would be a strong asset to Sunrise Industries.
My professional experience includes installing and configuring many different computer systems, successfully identifying and solving previously undiscovered hardware and software problems, meticulously documenting each fix and update for future reference, using a variety of advanced diagnostic tools, keeping systems secure and up to date and assisting both colleagues and customers with a variety of technical issues.
The following are some highlights of my experience and qualifications:
- Earned my associate’s degree in IT from Great Plains University
- Worked directly with customers as a technical support representative for Superior Purchase Electronics
- Worked as an in-house technical support associate for Grayson Technologies
- Received voluntary CompTIA A+ Certification
- Helped hundreds of customers solve problems with their home computers
- Fixed office computer systems as well as individual work computers
- Kept accurate documentation of each case
- Followed up with customers and colleagues to ensure that no further issues had arisen
I am eager to bring my technical skills and team-oriented work ethic to Sunrise Industries, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.