Windows System Administrator-consulting
Worked under contract as Windows System administrator for SAIC company. Managed the Windows 2003 and Active Directory-based LAN/WAN environment consisting of 11 Dell PowerEdge 2450, 2650, 1850 Servers running Enterprise Windows Server 2003, 4 VMware servers, PowerVault 775N with PowerVault 220 NAS and PowerVault 132T tape library. Day to day duties included: monitoring (WhatsUp Gold), evaluating and solving potential hardware and software performance issues, managing Windows 2003 server-related and other network requests and problems, adding, deleting users to\from the system, troubleshooting different system alerts, responding for Remedy tickets, supporting customers and employees via email, telephone, and face-to-face interaction.
- Managed mails accounts in Microsoft Exchange 2003 environment.
- Performed installation, support and configure software applications that run on Windows 2003 Servers. Provided ongoing software maintenance, including updates and security patches.
- Prepared and monitored backup jobs for existing servers(BackupExec 11D)
- Was responsible for hardware and software support for Windows XP/Vista desktop/laptops, including: hardware troubleshooting (PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, copiers), creating desktop/laptop images and applying them to workstations (Norton Ghost, RIS, WDS), resolving different issues with MS Office, VPN, supporting remote users (Dameware).
- Provided setup and managing multifunctional office printers (Xerox Workcenter128, 238) and Dell printers 1710n/3010cn/5010cn
- Managed Nortel phone system - adding/deleting/relocating users, setting up voicemails, resetting passwords, forwarding calls, etc.
- Supported office video equipment - projectors (Dell, Mitsubishi, Sony), videoconferencing system
- Performed Blackberry devices setup and administration