Technical Support Engineer Cover Letter
Technical Support Engineers solve computer system problems and support both internal teams and customers. Typical daily duties of a Technical Support Engineer include configuring servers, documenting procedures, researching technical issues, guiding customers, and handling product change requests.
Successful Technical Support Engineer cover letters display some of the following skills and abilities:
- Problem-solving abilities
- Helpdesk experience
- Customer service experience
- Verbal communication skills
- Documentation skills
- Network troubleshooting proficiency
Check out the example cover letter below to see how those abilities have been displayed.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Sizemore:
I am submitting my resume to be considered for the position of Technical Support Engineer. My educational background coupled with my real-world experience make me a solid candidate to serve the needs of Maycall Industries.
My professional experience as a Technical Support Engineer for Broadlink included providing first-level support to computer users by diagnosing issues, troubleshooting, and answering user questions and resolving their technical problems, both over the phone and desk-side. With my educational background and my technical and customer service skills, I am in an excellent position to ensure the smooth maintenance of all of the computer systems at Maycall Industries.
Highlights of my qualifications and experience include:
- Assisted clients by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Provided input on case backlog, technical process, and new processes within the department.
- Mentored new engineers by answering technical questions, escalating cases, and teaching detailed process development.
- Reduced workload of escalations and maintained their timely feedback to management.
- Awarded a Certificate in Web Development, and proficient in Windows 7, 10 and Active Directory, and Office 2013-2016
My tested knowledge as a Technical Support Engineer makes me uniquely qualified to fill this role at Maycall Industries. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
Thank you for your consideration.