IT System Administrator
Administered over 100 physical and virtual servers for business and research scientists helping to lower costs for project infrastructure. Researched and developed host based firewall for all severs across lab for a secure environment inside the Lab. Administered all file and print servers consisting of over 4000 shared folders and 2000 printers. Engineered, designed and developed computer networks, cyber-security infrastructure, information technology systems and the tools. Analyzed, installed, integrated, modified and supported all associated systems, networks, software, and databases.
- Updated data center from 100% physical systems to a ratio of 4:1 virtual
- Eliminated costly hardware purchases
- Lowered cooling costs lowered the carbon footprint of the data center.
- Set up System Center Operations Manager to provide a greater granular monitoring for servers and all network devices
- Maintained updated management packs while making it easier for SE's to use and management to garner reports
- Alerts became actionable items saving time and money for the IM services department.