Network Support Engineer
Perform variety of network engineering tasks, system analysis, troubleshooting, configuration, management, operational and maintenance oversight of complex local/wide area Network at a customer site, assist customer in managing the network, Installation and configuration of servers, workstations, Internetworking equipment and services in a heterogeneous network environment. Provide tier III maintenance support to the clients throughout the United States. Responsible for identifying, diagnosing and resolving WAN related trouble tickets using the PMTS and other IBM proprietary database programs to optimize the network and performing other network engineering task including.
- Tier III support for Network Operations Centers throughout the United States using different network management tools.
- Troubleshooting IP Networks, including support for different routing protocols.
- Installed and configured Cisco 4000, 7000 series routers, 29xxG series switches & RSM.
- Troubleshooting and support for wide Area Networks including frame-relay, X.25, ISDN BRI and PRI, T1, T3 and ATM.
- Providing assistance to the Client's sideline coordinators (SLIC)/Engineers on network usage reports, and the state of the IP backboned network.
- Providing Workstation set-up, configuration to join network and TCP/IP configurations. Also providing performance analysis, Network management, systems backup and network cabling.