GIS Analyst/gis DFIRM Task Manager
Responsible for the production of Digital Flood Insurance Rate Maps (DFIRMs) and Flood Insurance Studies (FIS) to meet the NCDEM and FEMA specifications, as well as the creation, preparation, and maintenance of the associated annotation, base data, and flood hazard features for the DFIRMs and NCDEM DFIRM Database. The projects included close coordination with the client, other FEMA contractors, company sub- contractors, distant offices, and internal departments of surveying and water resource engineering. Produced a total of 770 panels for 8 counties in North Carolina.
- Provided GIS/DFIRM training and supervision of junior GIS staff.
- Assigned and monitored daily GIS tasks related to DFIRM production.
- Managed the creation, storage, and maintenance of DFIRM base data, flood hazard features, annotation, and the DFIRM database deliverables within the ArcGIS and ArcSDE environments.
- Part of team charged with process development efforts to improve project efficiency, including custom ArcToolbox modeling applications.
- Assisted programmers to develop and improve custom GIS tools and applications, such as the DFIRM Automated Panel generator, BFE Generator, Cross Section Annotation Generator, Backwater Calculator, HEC-RAS Extractor and the DFIRM Annotation Export Tool.
- Produced and revised FIS Profiles, using the FEMA Rasplot program and AutoCAD.
- Aided in establishing quality control standards to exceed client expectations and meet multiple DFIRM deliverable deadlines.
- Supported engineers by completing FEMA base hydraulic model development, using the AMEC custom tools (Automated Floodplain Generator (AFG), Nashville Floodplain Generator (NFG), Channel Builder), and HEC-RAS 3.1.3.