Mainframe Computer Operator
Hired to manage shift operations that included, process batch jobs, nightly backups, print processing, respond to tape mounts, system recycles. Monitored server-based SQL jobs that interfaced data with mainframe applications. Rotated network offsite/onsite backup tapes for storage at Iron Mountain, utilizing backup software that included CA ArcServe, and later Symantic BackupExec, and prepared the corresponding documentation.
- Racked and stacked new servers as part of the company's migration from a mainframe environment to a Windows server-based environment, allowing the server administrator to focus on installation and configuration
- Implemented processes and procedures to run operations more efficiently - effectively reducing overtime
- Collaborated with administrators and developers to ensure timely resolution of issues for smooth operations
- Assumed additional responsibilities, such as scanning invoices and entering invoice data, in addition to mailroom duties, when the company eliminated office services personnel, while keeping up assigned duties
- Prepared retired company assets, to be picked up by a recycling company, and documented their disposal in compliance with the company's policies and procedures