Release Manager/systems Engineer
Spearheaded the Development team as a Release Manager for three consecutive quarterly delivery schedules resulting in 100% on time deliverables with only 10% defects - an all-time low in defect numbers.
- Innovated new "Ticket Refund Workflow" for Qantas Airways by implementing new designs and removing redundancies, which saved $300,000 bi-annually in preventing a ticket reject.
- Tweaked the "Fees Workflow" for the carrier by modularizing the code into organized functions saving 12 seconds which helped in increasing the productivity of one agent by 10% and revenue by $1.5M.
- Implemented testing automation by creating dynamic test cases resulting in $90,000 saving for the client annually and reducing almost 60% defects.
- Lead the team which achieved an all-time high Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) of 96% in 2011.
at this job
Sr. Project Manager / Release Manager
Managed all phases of project development and implementation by ensuring that business deliverables were completely satisfied, on time and within budget. Overall responsibility to deliver technical solutions to business problems within scope, budget, schedule and quality constraints while providing leadership to the team. Drove process improvements and operational stability.
- Exceeded offshore staffing ratio (85%) relative to the expectation (65%)
- Defined Change Control Process
- Increased efficiency and reduced cost per account (CPA) from $2.68 to $1.99
- Implemented Day 2 enhancement projects in Production Environment
- Ensured 99.9% system uptime in production
at this job
Supervised a team of up to 8 people in multiple locations to successfully deploy releases into Production across all business areas. Owned release process throughout SDLC.
- Drove various process improvements that reduced the number of releases by 50%, lowered risk and maintained quality, functionality and time to market.
- Designed a new release process around ITIL methodology that met the needs of the business, and created Key Performance Indicators and metrics to drive continuous service improvement.
- Managed selection of Serena Release Manager to plan and manage releases into multiple environments with traceability and visibility removing extensive manual work.
- Implemented Lean improvements throughout Release Management.
at this job
Senior Business Release Manager: Project Management Office
Successfully delivered ~$7.0MM Banking Release on time, under budget and with minimal defects (12 projects).
- Delivered foundational functionality that ensured OCC alignment, delivered fraud protections, and grew the bank product suite.
- Developed processes and procedures to align with the Bank's SDLC including the standardization of the requirements process and change control methodology.
- Established PMO operational guidelines and best practices.
- Implemented new artifacts to ensure change management and communication across impacted areas was successfully identified and managed.
- Partnered effectively with outside vendors, technology, and the business to manage risk and minimize solution impact.
- Managed matrix relationships across Deposits, Operations, IT and Customer Experience.
at this job
Software Build/release Manager
Owned the daily software build and release process for Production Support and ongoing projects.
- Improved the custom applications build process through automation (Continuous Integration) that resulted in 15% increase in availability of software for testing.
- Coordinated the software release process between the Engineering and Quality Assurance (QA) teams that reduced rework by 10% and increased by 15% the availability of software updates to 24/7 [company name] internal and external customers.
- Compiled Release Versions and Build Patches for custom applications using Concurrent Versions System (CVS) and Subversion source control software. Tracked software bug fixes to ensure no repeat issues in future releases.
- Built and maintained QA environments and performed daily installs of software packages for the QA and Training teams that increased the environment uptime by 15% and resulted in yearly savings of $75 thousand.
- Managed the "Hardware Upgrade project for the CVS Repository and Primary build servers" that resulted in 100% backup reliability and 100% redundancy in case of failure. Automated the daily and weekly Build server and CVS repository backups.
at this job
This application was developed for Wells Fargo student loans. There are two types of student loans- federal and private loans. Federal and private loans have 14 types of loan products for graduate and under graduate, law and management students. Students can fill up their personal details (SSN, First Name, Last Name, Address, Phone number etc) via online and they will contact customer service department or customer service department can also contact students with VoIP & Mobile application based on the given contact details this application will allow across all states and listed schools.
- Created & improved Release processes for EFS product to minimize customer impact due to change
- Facilitated successful Release of Code from Engineering to Production by proactively & reactively working with Executives, Product Management, Development, QA and Operations
- Negotiated Release issues and schedules with internal customers and reported status to Executives
- Lead cross-functional team to support each Release project plan and post Release/Change review
- Concurrently managed multiple Releases and Changes for Web and SAP (FICO) applications
- Provided Change and Configuration management for QA and other Pre-Production Environments
- Provided Release services for traditional SDLC Waterfall as well as Agile Scrum
at this job
Technical Release Manager (government Programs)
Primarily responsible for managing a matrixes team that analyzes requirements, designs, develops, test, and implements major data releases and initiatives, coordinating across technologies, and as appropriate, manage relationships between Information Management and Analytics Department and internal/external client organizations. I was also responsible for managing department/project budgets, workload balancing and developing strategies and processes, understanding the technical components of a variety of data repositories, and leading process improvements projects.
- Determined TIS staffing requirements for government programs and partnered with the PMO to secure associated funding for resources.
- Created a master project plan that condensed the TIS worked required to support three major government programs, with over 60 job streams, into two streamlined work breakdown structures.
- Compiled status reports and led project leadership meetings with senior management and resource managers to review progress and discuss risks and issues.
- Managed TIS staff (Contractor and FTE) assigned to projects.
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing methods and procedures that are efficient and effective.
at this job
Software Release Manager
Release process owner for 20 thin-net client cloud products and 40 patch-build environments on Solaris, Linux and Windows.
- 100% on-time worldwide product deliveries 6 years in a row working with cross-functional global development team.
- Achieved an 85% sales increase for Sun Ray cloud product line by collaborating with marketing on release, rollout, and e-commerce deployment of new technologies.
- Drove on-time OEM deliveries by leading OEM development meetings, project planning, scheduling and resource management.
- Provided engineering leadership and mentoring, providing guidance to team members and new hires.
- Trained staff in use of release process and code review tools, both locally and internationally.
- Developed equipment budget proposals, keeping server infrastructure up to date.
- Partnered with Marketing on e-commerce product distribution.
at this job
HMI Head and Senior Software Release Manager
Provide leadership in high tech operations, partnership management, change management, budgetary control and product/portfolio management. Build and Manage high performing teams of over 100 engineers located at multiple locations around the globe. Overall in-charge of Software development for HMI product suite leading multiple releases budgeted at over $50 million for innovation, product development and maintenance of mission-critical software.
- Reduced time to market from 18 months to 3 months, improved quality by over 500%, increased productivity by atleast 30% by successfully rolling out enterprise wide Lean Agile methodology, continuous improvement programs, upgrade of tools and technologies, mentoring and motivating employees
- Established Offshore Development centers of over 100 engineers resulting in 300% increase in capacity throughput, 4 fold increase in staff and significant improvement in productivity.
- Strategized, architected and executed more than a dozen mission critical high technology desktop and embedded enterprise product applications worth a revenue of $700M at a R&D budget of over $50M.
- Key member of the strategic planning and budgetary committee for defining short and long term strategic product roadmap, justifying ROI, prioritizing high impact projects and planning cash flow of over $60M/year.
- Actively participated in M&A charter definition, company restructuring, contract management and post-acquisition integration.
- Hire and Fire, coaching, administration and leadership responsibility for over 120 engineers at over 6 locations across the globe
at this job
Life Release Manager/specialist
- Increased visibility and redefinition of release management's role in supporting business initiatives and successful production releases
- Developed strong relationship with customer to educate and gain buy-in of new releases process roll-out and understanding of its value added
- Delivered documented process, procedure, policy and R&R with checks and balances resulting in better planning, more efficient use of resources, less release fallout, and rework
- Clarified release process to IT and business through work sessions, presentations, and formal documentation
- Managed release team in successful release roll outs for 2 lines of business covering 40 applications
at this job