Sr. Technical Analyst / IT Supervisor, North America
As a Sr. Technical Analyst, supported IT services for 60 users in the Akron plant, including ERP System Administration, PC Hardware, software, server administration, LAN administration, disaster recovery, VoIP Phone System, documentation and end-user training. As an IT Supervisor, managed 4 IT Technical Analysts, supporting IT services for 400 users in 3 plants and the corporate office, in the US and Mexico. This included Network and Server Administration, PC hardware and software support, mobile device support, helpdesk management, security management, risk management, asset control, annual operating plans and budget management.
- Project Manager for global deployment of Microsoft SCCM, Sophos Anti-Virus, Solarwinds Network Monitoring, and mobile phone upgrades.
- Managed a $2.4 million IT budget for North America, while coming within 5 percent of AOP and Forecast accuracy in 2012.
- Negotiated cost savings on copier lease agreements for my sites, resulting in a 10% reduction in lease costs.
- Instituted a Risk Management strategy, to identify potential risks, and to estimate when each risk would put the company at a high level of exposure.
- Migrated all physical servers in my sites to a standard server footprint using Dell's EqualLogics and VMWare.
- Identified key weaknesses in one of my employee's skills, and put a plan together to develop his Emotional Intelligence. Since then he has been promoted, and improved his overall PD metric score from the bottom 3 in 2012, to the top 3 in 2013. Also, 2 of my employee's were promoted in their second year under my coaching and leadership.