Senior Technician - Repair
Maintain up-to-date security clearance to perform maintenance repairs at the Delta Technical Operation Center (TOC) and to operate vehicles in the Atlanta Airport Operations Area (AOA). Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and modify Sicma and Contour aircraft seats to FAA Standards for the world leader in aerospace equipment and systems on board commercial, regional and business aircraft and helicopters.
- Perform line maintenance and special projects for aircraft seats at the airport for Delta Airlines/US Airways and other private and public aircrafts.
- Provide detailed communication or documentation for management of updated and completed work plans for all repairs and projects
- Serve as the technician expert for Sicma seats; authorized specialist for Sicma 180 Series Pilot and Co-Pilot seats
- Conduct routine and complex diagnosis of issues; preventive maintenance to measure wear and access whether parts need to be replaced or repaired on conventional and electronic seats
- Research availability of parts and contact suppliers
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge of seats and structures by regularly reading manufacturer maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other documents; use publications to troubleshoot and ultimately repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components
- Routinely work with specialty tools such as rivet guns, torque wrenches, calipers, etc.; maintain and use diagnostic devices, computers, and powered and non-powered tools and equipment
- Work with sheet metal; perform minor reforming of parts and installations to achieve a finished assembly