IT Support Specialist Cover Letter
IT Support Specialists are the everyday heroes who provide assistance to people with the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. They sometimes provide support over the phone and sometimes desk-side. Some of their other roles include managing hardware, training end users with programs, and working in conjunction with the help desk team to resolve issues.
To demonstrate their ability to employers, a strong IT Support Specialist cover letter ought to mention some of the following skills and qualifications:
- IT expertise
- Customer service skills
- Listening skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Speaking skills
- Writing skills
Scroll down to see an example cover letter that demonstrates these abilities to potential employers.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Support Specialist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Siminski:
I am writing in response to your ad seeking an experienced IT Support Specialist at Ledbetter Inc. As a highly competent IT Support Specialist, I would bring a hard-working, service-focused attitude to this position.
I have five years of experience as an IT Support Specialist. In my current position, I respond to client calls in a professional and patient manner and address all technical issues no matter how complex.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Provided phone and email support to over 800 end users, dealing with between 20 and 60 calls a day.
- Provided configuration support for both Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Always provided exceptional customer service, including taking extra steps towards ensuring the end user is 100% satisfied and met company standards
- Solved a variety of technical problems with various proprietary software and HTML issues
- Trained, mentored and provided clear and concise direction to new IT Support employees
My familiarity with a variety of technical systems, my well-practiced problem-solving abilities, and my top-notch customer service skills all make me an ideal candidate for the position of IT Support Specialist. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.