Senior Technical Analyst/java Software Developer
Designed, developed and maintained extensible Java modules and interfaces based on core object oriented design principles, facilitating reliable application software for front office trade order management, program trading, risk analytics, order routing, executions and positions keeping of equities, options and futures. Performed planning, architecture, scheduling and task coordination functions with change control and administration teams to commit and meet aggressive software release schedules. Identified and resolved system problems in response to emergencies, or sudden changes in markets through analysis of component traces, logs and core dumps to maintain high service levels.
- Designed, architected, developed and maintained J2EE V3/4 Servlets/JSP based application providing HTTP proxy/façade pattern and CICS transaction gateway API connectivity to securities trading applications hosted on legacy IBM z/OS CICS platforms. Web client layer DHTML/AJAX (XmlHttpRequest) based UI conveyed real-time data content for trade orders and execution reports. Dramatically reduced development costs by eliminating complex porting projects of these legacy applications to Java EE platforms.
- Designed, developed, maintained high throughput, low-latency Java networking and JMS/IBM MQI messaging interfaces implementing financial information exchange "FIX" protocol. Facilitated highly concurrent, multi-threaded session layer processing of "FIX" messages and TCP/IP sockets connectivity from Java standalone application to exchanges for high frequency trade order routing. Converted from NYSE/CMS protocol to FIX tag-value. Developed JDBC Oracle DB and IBM DB2 based modules and JMS interfaces for load balancing, transaction journaling and fail over routing of "FIX" messages to WebSphere MQ messaging middleware servers. Guaranteed "FIX" message delivery and consumption for market access high frequency, transactional equities trading
- Designed, developed, implemented and maintained J2EE application/based on in-house MVC framework. Developed Servlet based controllers, JSP rendered views, session and entity EJB/DAO based DB2 DB access services. Web client layer consisted of web down-loadable AWT/Swing (Applets) user-interface graphics components and DHTML UI to convey real-time, detailed equities trade execution, positions and P&L data. All J2EE components implemented and deployed to Weblogic and WebSphere application servers.
- Led planning, architecture, development and migration to utilize WebSphere Application Server's Web Services Feature Pack (WSFP) V6.1. Enhanced server-side SOAP based web services code endpoints for new JAX-WS programming model, WS-reliable messaging and WS-secure messaging resulting in 40% enhancement to quality of service administration and highly secured invocations for intra-corporate web services.
- Led planning, architecture and conversion effort of Spring framework EE5 real-time margin account summary web applications from JRun based application containers to WebSphere Application Server V6.1/Java SE5. Enhanced code for Java generics language feature and modified JDBC interfaces to utilize managed DB2 universal driver. Converted native JDBC for database update operations to use Hibernate/JPA persistence mapping. Met corporate mandate through cost-effective solutions to convert and migrate applications to WebSphere Application Server Java EE environments.