Java Software Engineer/deployment Engineer
Java Developer and Software Engineer position includes top level overview of: creating, enhancing, and fixing future and current production/database scripts. Complete core/handler Java programming, JSP development, and QA testing responsibilities.
- Java 1.4 and 5 programming as part of development team creating stand alone Access Control Application
- Configuration and customization of applications utilizing JBOSS and Ant build scripts.
- Eclipse IDE
- JSP, J2EE, JSF, and EJB tools utilized in daily development.
- Exclusively assisted Oracle DBA in daily database activitiy: full maintainence, backups, and cron utilities.
- Production tasks include: data processing, sgml conversion, image manipulation, staging area development, html editing, QC, final release, cleanup responsibilities, and ongoing site maintenance.
- Databases used: Oracle, Mysql, Sybase, and Postgres. Perl and shell script programming utilized to create command line utilities for parsing and editing text/xml files.