Manager, Technical Services /system Programmer and AIX Administrator
Responsible for salary and performance reviews for staff of 14, including Unix System Administrators, Oracle D.B.A's, SAP Basis consultants, Storage Administrators, MVS/XA system programmers and Help Desk Personnel.
- Responsible for multi-million dollar software budget, and negotiated contracts with vendors for equipment and software as needed.
- Provided leadership as well as hands-on technical support of AIX (UNIX), , MVS/XA, MVS/XA Program products and VM/ESA.
- Installed and customized all of the software listed below under Mainframe environment and was heavily involved with the selection, contract negotiations, and project planning involved with the conversion to MVS.
- Authored the Conversion and Standards manual that was used for design and control of security and storage pool management. This design was then transferred to user exits for both ACF2 (Security) and ASM2 (Advanced Storage Management) to enforce the standard. This document was used until the MVS system was discontinued in January 2000.
- Designed an electronic change management process that allowed for automated fall back of programming and Job control changes.
- Coordinated a Company Wide Move that included moves of 200+ End Users, Mainframe, storage and networking equipment.