Software Tester Cover Letter
The role of Software Testers is to check software products for defects and ensure client requirements are met. Common Software Tester duties include running tests, gathering and analyzing test data, identifying bugs, and providing feedback to developers.
A strong Software Tester cover letter might mention some of these skills and qualifications:
- Software engineering knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Software testing expertise
- Dedication to accuracy
The example cover letter below shows how to demonstrate these abilities in writing.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Software Tester Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Barham:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Software Tester. As a skilled and highly educated professional with 6 years of experience testing Web-based applications, I am confident of my ability to make a significant contribution to your organization.
My professional experience includes analyzing the business requirements, creating test strategies, and executing tests to identify bugs in new software for the fitness-app Phyzio.
With my educational background and my attention to detail and performance, I am in an excellent position help Vendo Systems produce top quality software products.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Experienced all phases of software development life cycle and testing methodologies.
- Used knowledge of Share Point, JIRA, Oracle, Java, RF ID systems, test techniques, and large scale transaction systems to perform customer acceptance testing and presented the implemented functionality to the customer to ensure that all of the functionalities requested were implemented.
- Provided improvements to the tracking and reporting status of Phyzio’s system, and designed and developed commissioning test suites to provide functional and performance validation.
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills in both technical and client facing situations.
My keen knowledge of software testing, review, and validation—along with my ability to think of innovative solutions and present them to clients—will allow me to bring much value to Vendo Systems. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
Thank you for your consideration.