Game Programmer Cover Letter
Game Programmers are IT professionals tasked with coding and developing different types of computerized games for mobile devices, computers and gaming portals. Additional duties involve testing, modifying features and launching game applications for the various platforms. In addition to proficiency in programming languages, employers may require Game Programmers to hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, such as Information Systems or Software Programming.
After review several job postings, we have identified the following skills sought by employers.
- A confident command over computer programming languages that include C, C++, Java, Visual C++, J++, MS access.
- Excellent proficiencies in graphic designing using programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash And Coral Draw.
- Vivid imagination
- 3D modeling skills
- Time management skills
- Quality testing and debugging skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in pressurized environments
Use the sample Game Programmer cover letter below as inspiration for crafting your own.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Game Programmer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Stiles,
I am excited to apply for the Game Programmer vacancy at Xcel Virtual Entertainment Ltd. You will find my application a strong match for experience, qualifications, and skills for which you are looking.
I hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Yorkshire University, in addition to having a thorough understanding of a variety of languages and front-end programs. I have four years’ experience as a Game Programmer at NextGen Studios. In my current position, my duties and responsibilities include: designing and developing computer and video games of various genres for different platforms that include mobile handsets and online gaming websites, writing codes for character and environmental motion, conducted quality assurance testing and prepared documentation regarding game development, including release notes and bug fixes.
I find the dynamic field of Game Programming an exciting one that allows me to engage my strengths and attributes. I am a conscientious worker who pays meticulous attention to the smallest detail. I am also highly organized, which allows me to complete projects to set schedules.
Accomplishments in my professional capacity as a Game Programmer include:
- Play tested and debugged more than 8,000 lines of C++ code in existing games.
- Designed and developed game software and new game features using ActionScript and Flex that received rave reviews from both management and gamers.
- Implemented major significant game features in Unity 3D.
- Programmed 2D puzzle-platformer for a mobile device using the Android operating system.
I hope my application for the Game Programmer position meets with your approval. I am grateful for your time in reviewing my application. I hope for the opportunity to further discuss this role.