Hardware Specialist / Apple Specialist
Supported internal employees and end user customers through the use of help desk software with system and support issues in regards to desktops, laptops, servers and networking questions. Supported both Apple and Wintel.
- Assisted in acquiring and retaining product authorizations, such as Apple, HP, HP Enterprise, EMC, Cisco and Dell.
- Answered questions from Sales & End User Customers involving hardware bids and/or proposals.
- Negotiated special pricing with HP, Lenovo, Apple and others to support all major hardware procurement.
- Developed and maintained a level of expertise in general knowledge of hardware products and the computer industry. Kept up with trends, products and services that our customers were likely to be interested in.
- Researched new products and vendors to fulfill requests for hardware products not currently carried by the company. Set up new vendors when necessary to fulfill these requests.
- Developed relationships with our hardware partners in order to receive up-to-date information on upcoming products and address any other issues that may arise.
- Developed informational aids for Sales, such as cross-reference charts and features-benefits handouts.
- Worked with sales reps on custom/special configurations and orders.
- Assisted in training Sales in hardware related topics.
- Proactively worked with Sales on new products, training and product categories to help drive sales. This included working directly with sales reps on individual customers and participating in "solution sales" to those customers.