Icd-10 Physician Practice Coder Educator, Coding Auditor, Mapping Consultant
Provide on-site ICD-10 education for providers and staff located nationally. Present to a wide array of populations including coding, clinical, support staff and senior leadership. Educate these populations in a large number of topics including introductions to the ICD-10-CM/PCS systems, documentation specificity required by ICD-10, documentation improvement, general ICD-10 awareness, ICD-10-CM/PCS coding, and other ICD-10 topics. Research, design and develop education content and write articles/papers/thought leadership when on-site education is not scheduled. Work with other ICD-10 Education Consultants to look for process improvements, streamline programs, maximize efficiency, and ensure all deliverables are met Job Requirements.
- Strong skill set in classroom and webinar education
- The ability to conduct compelling presentations for coders, physicians, nurses, and other clinical populations in a style that will lead to successful adoption and knowledge transfer
- Confidence in dealing with multiple populations and handling a wide variety of questions especially about ICD-10
- Conduct coding audits for new and existing clients to determine training needed.
- Assist with mapping ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes.