Video Game Tester Cover Letter
A video game tester is a quality control inspector for video games. They play all new games to check for errors, flaws, and to ensure they meet required standards. Common work activities for a Video Game Tester include detecting glitches, playing game sections, writing reports, and making sure issues are solved before the game is released to the public.
Video game tester cover letters should highlight some of the following skills:
- Software development knowledge
- Attention to details
- Focus on accuracy
- Video games familiarity, with experience playing a wide variety of video games
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills
The sample cover letter below demonstrates how to showcase these skills to a potential employer.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Tran,
I am writing to be considered for the position of video game tester at Vulcan Games. In addition to my computer science degree, I have three years of hands-on experience in game testing at XRAY Studios. My knowledge and experience position me to excel at your organization.
As a Video Game Tester at XRAY Studios, I tested a wide variety of games, gaining valuable techniques and best practice methodologies used in quality assurance in game testing. This, coupled with my comprehensive knowledge and understanding of game development and superior attention to detail, are what set me apart from other candidates. Just a few of my career successes include:
- Tested console and computer video games for quality control and bugs in a time-sensitive manner.
- Compiled detailed descriptions of any and all bugs, game issues, crashes and call-stacks using development tracking software.
- Worked effectively in a wireless team-testing environment.
- Achieved 95%+ accuracy in pre-production bug testing.
As an employee at Vulcan Entertainment, I will readily apply my experience in game development and testing methodologies, as well as my passion for playing games, to help Vulcan Entertainment meet and exceed it’s quality standards. Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you.